Lesson from the mat

So I am starting yoga teacher training this October. Not necessarily because I want to be a yoga teacher but because I want to enrich my life and apply more yogic principles to my work as a therapist. See, there are eight limbs of yoga and only one of them is the physical practice of yoga (name as asana). More on that later though. 

I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine (also a yogi) about her struggle with standing leg poses. I jokingly asked her about her drishti (focal point) as without having one, you are certain to lose your balance and fall over. 

Well, this got me thinking. We need a drishti for balance. We need a focus for balance. So if you find yourself feeling as if your life is out of sorts and unbalanced... Ask yourself this question...

What is your drishti? 

If you aren't sure or don't have one, that may be the very problem! So I invite everyone to find their drishti and start to bring balance into your life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is it me? Am I the crazy one?

Attachment

The Counterpose for Life